Rewarding Careers for Talented Scientists & Mathematicians
At Quintessa we provide an enjoyable and fulfilling working environment for our talented scientists and mathematicians, helping them provide the best possible services to our clients. We’re an employee-owned company in which everyone is empowered to contribute to operational and strategic decisions. We welcome approaches from scientists and mathematicians who feel that they could make a contribution to the technical and business goals of Quintessa.
Mathematical Modelling and Software Development Consultant
Due to our continued success in winning work in mathematical and statistical modelling of complex systems (e.g., nuclear reactors, wave energy convertors, geological storage facilities for carbon dioxide and radioactive waste repositories) and associated scientific software development, an opportunity has arisen in our Mathematics and Software team.
The team works on a range of client-funded projects and internally-funded investment activities across the business, often participating in multi-disciplinary projects involving members of our other business teams. Projects usually involve one or more of the following: the application or development of mathematical and/or statistical modelling approaches; development of software tools (including numerical modelling and data visualisation, processing and manipulation tools, in both desktop and web-hosted applications); critical review and verification of scientific studies; management of modelling and software development projects; and helping to identify and exploit new business opportunities.
We would like to hear from experienced individuals who would ideally have:
- a first-class academic background in mathematics, physics, or a similar numerate subject;
- at least five years’ relevant post-degree experience, either in business, academia or a combination of both;
- a proven ability to solve problems by developing and implementing mathematical and/or statistical models using a range of software tools;
- experience of developing scientific software with a modern object-oriented language;
- project management experience, preferably for software projects; and
- good communication and presentation skills (in both spoken and written English).
Experience of working in a consultancy environment would be an advantage.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including:
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays);
- a Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution;
- medical, travel, health and life insurances;
- annual bonuses related to company performance; and
- an excellent and flexible working environment in a company that is owned and run by its employees.
This permanent position can be based in either our Henley-on-Thames or Warrington office.
Please send a CV with a covering letter to Richard Little.