Rewarding Careers for Talented Scientists & Mathematicians
At Quintessa we provide an enjoyable and fulfilling working environment for our talented scientists and mathematicians, helping them provide the best possible services to our clients. We’re an employee-owned company in which everyone is empowered to contribute to operational and strategic decisions. We welcome approaches from scientists and mathematicians who feel that they could make a contribution to the technical and business goals of Quintessa.
Experienced Scientific Consultant
We currently have an opportunity in the areas of radioactive waste management and nuclear site restoration. Our projects are often multi-disciplinary involving other specialists from inside and outside the company. They typically involve working with clients to develop innovative approaches to solving challenging and interesting problems. Key to achieving this is: developing a sound understanding of the context for the work and the issues to be addressed; identifying and implementing processes to assess and resolve the issues identified; and clearly reporting the outcomes, often including presentations and discussions with wider stakeholders.
The successful candidate would be capable of acting as a technical and commercial lead for projects, drawing on the expertise available from specialist Quintessa staff, associates and partner organisations.
We would like to hear from individuals who have:
- a first-class academic background in a science-based subject;
- at least 5 years’ post-university experience (preferably 10 or more years);
- strong project management experience; and
- good communication and presentation skills (in both spoken and written English).
In addition, it is expected that the successful candidate would have an extensive track record in two or more of:
- supporting strategy development for nuclear site closure and/or radioactive waste management;
- decision support (potentially including facilitation) and systematic options assessment studies;
- environmental modelling for radioactive waste disposal and/or nuclear site restoration;
- development of technical documentation to support the above, including contributing to regulatory submissions and/or peer review; and
- developing strong relationships with clients, and associated business development.
Experience of working in, or with, scientific or engineering consultancies would be a further advantage.
We offer a competitive salary (commensurate with experience) and a benefits package including:
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays);
- a Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution;
- medical, travel, health and life insurances;
- annual bonuses related to company performance; and
- an excellent and flexible working environment in a company that is owned and run by its employees.
This permanent position can be based in our Henley-on-Thames or Warrington office. There is the potential for a proportion of the time to include home working.
Please send a CV with a covering letter to Richard Little.