Quintessa provides quantitative support to geosphere and biosphere site characterisation programmes including conceptual understanding, synthesis of data, uncertainty and numerical analysis across a wide range of scientific disciplines. Our integrated thinking encompasses both a 'top-down' perspective and the scientific expertise to support investigation programmes and perform state-of-the-art numerical analysis.
Quintessa's capabilities and experience includes:
- decision support for site selection and characterisation;
- specification and review of site investigation programmes;
- interpretation, analysis and synthesis of site characterisation data;
- development and visualisation of conceptual models at a range of scales consistent with the available data and the inherent uncertainties;
- numerical modelling of in situ groundwater flow and tracer transport, and supporting laboratory experiments; and
- feedback on key controls on system performance, and requirements for further site investigation and R&D.