Quintessa's capabilities and experience includes:
- synthesising historical records and characterisation information to evaluate the extent of contamination;
- understanding near-surface, terrestrial, freshwater and marine systems along with potential for contaminant transport both in solution and as a gas;
- assessing potential exposures via external irradiation using external dose modelling codes;
- explicitly recognising and managing the different types of uncertainty that are inherent in modelling environmental radioactivity; and
- using the resulting understanding to support remediation decisions.