Radioactive contamination can be present in a wide range of environments, which will evolve with time. Quintessa is experienced in assessing radionuclide behaviour and potential exposure across a broad spectrum of environmental systems and using the resulting understanding in support of decisions.
Quintessa's capabilities and experience includes understanding and modelling radionuclide migration and potential exposures, together with the associated uncertainties, in:
- agricultural and semi-natural systems;
- surface water systems, including streams, rivers and lakes;
- estuarine systems and coastal systems, including beaches and rocky foreshores;
- marine systems, including near-shore, shallow and deep marine environments; and
- temperate, warmer, boreal, tundra and glacial systems.